Wednesday, February 10, 2010

INVICTUS



I AM THE MASTER OF MAY FATE,
I AM THE CAPTAIN OF MY SOUL.
this is one of many striking sentences Mandela says
1-Do you know what does it mean?
Yes, I do. I means: Soc l'amo del meu destí, sóc el capità de la meva alma.

2-WHERE DOES THE ACTION TAKE PLACE?
The action takes place in South Africa in 1995.

3-WHO'S THE PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY?
The president of the country is Nelson Mandela.

4-WHAT'S HE FIGHTING FOR?
Mandela is fighting to unite a diverse range of people

5-WHAT DOES WOUND AND HEAL MEAN?
Wound: Injury

6-CAN YOU FIND SENTENCES IN THE TEXT USING THESE WORDS?
-The wounds of so many years of apartheid are far from healed.

7-WHAT'S APARTHEID?
The racial segregation system imposed by the white minority for many years.

8-WAHT DOES THE COLOUR GREEN IN THE T-SHIRTS MEAN?
Because it's a symbol of apartheid.

9-WHAT WAS MANDELA'S INTENTION WITH THE RUGBY MATCH?
Won the Mundial Cup to unite a diverse range of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment